Battle Nations claims to be a free-to-play combat strategy game and while this is technically correct, you need to make quite a few in-app purchases to get anywhere in it.
Over 500 missions and 100 vehicles
Battle Nations is a huge game with over 500 missions and 100 vehicles to use. However, as mentioned earlier, your firepower is very much reduced unless you're willing to make in-app purchases for many of these weapons. These include the ability to construct, customize, and fortify your Outpost with things like military installations, shops and barracks. The turn-based combat basis of Battle Nations means its particularly fun to battle your friends and others random players around the world.
Too many in-app purchases
As already mentioned, the biggest drawback of Battle Nations is the number of in-app purchases that are necessary to make it truly enjoyable. It would have been far better if the developer had charged a fee for the game rather than use a freemium model. This is particularly annoying when it comes to having to buy extra lives to continue a game and to speed-up a game in progress. Battle Nations is also a game that requires constant attention - if you don't log on regularly, you'll soon find your territory and troops over run.
Well animated strategic gameplay
The overall graphics and sound in Battle Nations are nothing outstanding but are well animated. The strategic element to the game give it an addictive ingredient, but again, these qualities are offset by the constant need to purchase items, lives and other enhancements.
Fun - for a while
Overall, Battle Nations could be a fun and addictive game but the sheer number of in-app purchases to keep it moving forward really hold it back.
- MISSIONS - This update includes 27 new missions!
- TUTORIAL UPDATES - Our updated Tutorial better informs how to place units, start missions, use the build menu, and build resources.
- ANCIENT SENTINEL - There's a new sinister robot on the Frontier!
- NEW UNITS - Newly trained forces join the fight, including the Field Agent, Laser Sniper, Laser Tank, and Heavy Arctic Tank!
- UNIT FIXES - This update includes fixes for the Silver Wolf Grenadier, Adult Bigfoot, Arctic Tank, and Deadeye.
- SHOP FIXES - This update includes fixes for the Cocktail Lounge and the Death Pepper job.
- Several additional bug fixes and stability improvements.